Thursday, April 18, 2013

Great Meetings, Great Conversations & Great Outcomes!


It was cold!  The NAHCR board met last week in cold Minneapolis…. I can’t wait until the summer.
 
We met at the site of the next Image Conference, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis. What a beautiful hotel.   When I first walked in, my eyes went directly to the beautiful fireplace.  The fireplace is almost the width of the lobby.  Before checking in I met up with a fellow board member, Derek Cunningham.  Glad to see a familiar face in a strange city!

I checked in- without a problem.  The staff was helpful and friendly.  My room was on the 24th floor- the views were amazing, ( I wished the weather was clearer so I could see better!).  The board met for two days; great meetings both days; great conversations and great outcomes!  I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for NAHCR.

I had an opportunity to visit the downtown area,  which is full of restaurants, small eclectic shops, coffee shops, book stores, large stores (Target and Macy’s ) –there’s even “Hell’s Kitchen”.   I took a stroll on Saturday afternoon me myself and I; found myself in Target ( one of my favorite stores)….. not just any Target- this store was HUGE!  It’s in a corner building – it has at least 3 floors and more importantly a Starbucks!  I was surprised to see their shopping carts had their own escalator- yes- that’s correct; they had an escalator.  I’ve never seen that before.  As I  sat and enjoyed my coffee… I enjoyed city views – this Starbucks had huge windows overlooking Nicollet Mall. 

I look forward every year to Image – I get to visit a new city and meet new friends and catch up with old ones!  I really enjoyed our board meeting and enjoyed Minneapolis. I hope to see you there in July!


Claudia Cotarelo

NE Regional Chair

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this publish. I find it hard to track down
    good answers out there when it comes to this subject matter. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete