Thursday, June 23, 2011

What is the best advice you received when you became a recruiter?

Although it was many years ago, I remember it well.  As a new recruiter I was afraid – what can I say? What can I ask?  My boss back then had been in HR for a few years, she understood where I was coming from; why I was feeling the way that I was.  One day she sat me down, she told me , “don’t be afraid, be yourself, get to know the applicant; you’re always not going to make the “right hire”; you’ll learn from your mistakes”.  She said, always go with your “gut feeling”.  Well she was right - years later, I have learned from my mistakes – we all make them; but when I hire that “right” person; it’s such a thrill.  And the “gut thing”……..  yes, I always listen to it!    It’s always right. 

What about you, what is the best advice you received when you became a recruiter?

Claudia Cotarelo
Atlantic Health
NAHCR Social Media Task Force Member


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To post a comment, click below on the link that says # COMMENTS. Then log-in with your Google or other listed account, OR you can also select Name/URL. Depending on your settings you may or may not have to enter a URL. If you are required to enter a URL, you may use your company's webaddress or simply enter
www.nahcr.com. Thank you for reading our blog and sharing your comments.

2 comments:

  1. I believe one of the best advice that was given to me was being told," You will have to master your multi-task abilities along with the ability to be able to make win win decisions, but most importantly, a great Recruiter better be able to adapt to change at any given moment."
    Claudia- I agree with the thing about, "going with your gut."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete